The health department has an important role to play in the promotion of public health by the maintenance of a healthy environment and by providing certain protection against diseases. The responsibilities of the health department are as follows:
- Issue of trade licence for commercial, industrial, professional and other related activities.
- Providing scavenging services and cleansing of roads and public places
- Cleansing of water courses, drains and canals.
- Dealing with problems of bare lands
- Provision and regulation of public market and fairs.
- Management and maintenance of cemeteries and crematorium.
- Maintenance of traffic centres and public convenience ( toilets etc)
- Attending complaints from public and taking appropriate remedial action.
- Trade Licence
- Scavenging Services
- Cessation of Business